Today's Ten on Tuesday is 10 things you like to do outside. This one's pretty easy - with over 300 sunny days a year in Colorado, outside is kind of our default.
10 Things I Like To Do Outside
- Hiking. We live in an amazing place for hiking and the pace is slow enough that you can actually see stuff.
- Snowshoeing. The best way to hike in the winter!
- Snowboarding. It hasn't been something I've been able to do much in the last couple of years, but it's exciting and challenging.
- Playing. The best thing to do with a little kid is to follow them around outside. They look at every rock and bug and stick and puddle and notice all the stuff you forgot about.
- Drinking. I like to enjoy a glass of something nice out on the deck when the weather is nice.
- Dining. Boulder has a ton of wonderful restaurants, and it's always a pleasure to have a relaxing meal on a patio (and not have to prepare it or clean it up).
- Reading. A good book in the sun makes me feel like I'm on vacation.
- Sightseeing. I don't really get to travel now, but in pre-kid days Mike and I would go to a new place and cover many miles on foot. Now I just pretend to be a tourist and explore Boulder.
- Socializing. Parties and get-togethers are so much less confining when they can be out of doors. Good for an introvert like me.
- Nothing. Just being quiet and enjoying nature is my favorite. Not much opportunity for this anymore because it turns into #4!