Thursday, April 10, 2014

On a mission

Oops, that week kind of got away from me.  Oh well.

I've been on a mission lately - to knit up my stash of yarn.  I'll occasionally buy some new yarn for a specific project, but for the most part, I'm trying to use what I have.  2 moves in 2 years (actually 4 if you count moving a ton of stuff twice for the flood, and 5 if you count moving the last of the stuff out of the mountain house when we sold it) have made me want to live with less...everything.  I love yarn, but storing it, organizing it, finding it - it's a pain.  I can always buy more.

I've actually been working on knitting up the stash for a while, but I finally feel like I'm making some progress on it.  Case in point: a bunch of acrylic yarn was shoved in a plastic tote and forgotten about until I moved stuff out of the mountain house.  I decided to use it all up on charity hats, and guess what?



I got through all of it.  8 little hats, free pattern Barley.  I'll turn them in next week.  They'd be more useful if it weren't 70 degrees out today!  But winters in Colorado are long, and I know they'll be needed eventually.

I got a little obsessive about these little hats.  I think I was knitting about one a day.  I highly recommend the pattern.  It's even nicer in wool (Alek's favorite hat is Green Beanie knit in this pattern).

No comments: