Monday, March 24, 2014

Barbell Strategy Strength and Conditioning: Coming soon!

I have not been very good about blogging!  I think I just need to set aside a little time each day and get in the habit.  I think it's the pictures that hold me back a lot.  I know I take pretty bad photos, and I can't always think of something worth including.  But the point of blogging for me is to keep writing, so even if it's just a few sentences with no pictures, I'll try to get something up every weekday for a while, picture or no.

Another reason I need to start blogging more frequently is to get in the habit for my new career.  I'm finally ready to go public with this on the blog - Mike and I are starting a strength and conditioning gym!  It's been in the works for a long time, and it's still moving pretty slowly due to the glacial pace of commercial real estate in the city of Boulder.  We found a space that we're pursuing, and if we get a lease, there will be some renovation to do.  But in the meantime, we're getting all the moving parts of the business up and running.  It's a lot - the LLC, permits, website, t-shirts, business cards, banking, figuring out policies and schedules, and of course, capital.  Anyway, I will be the main blog writer for the gym, and I think it's a key way to communicate with members, and anyone who is interested in your philosophy, so I gotta get the writing muscles in shape.

The name of our gym is Barbell Strategy Strength and Conditioning.  Our focus will be on traditional barbell-based strength and conditioning, Olympic weightlifting, and sprint, body weight, and kettlebell training methods.  We're distancing ourselves a bit from the current incarnation of CrossFit - while many of the movements are the same, we are emphasizing planned strength programming, recovery, skill development, and whole health, with a step away from big-volume and competition-style workouts.

Check out our website - a little sparse for now, but it will fill in as we get more things settled.

Mike and I are both really excited to start our own business and start helping people get strong and healthy!

No comments: