Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart


Happy Valentine's Day.  This heart is sideways because I can't figure out how to turn it in blogger.  I don't care.  This has been a very trying day.  I've been sick all week, and Alek's been not quite sick but not quite well, which translates into many, many tantrums, which kind of came to a head this morning.  I am tired and mentally and emotionally spent.  I know it's lame to complain about taking care of your kid when your only job is to be a mom, but sometimes it is damn hard to go and go without a break.  At 11 this morning I gave up and plunked him in front of Mighty Machines (with a tantrum break in the middle when they cut away from the dump truck) and knit this heart.  Now I'm going to heat up some soup and read and hope he takes a long nap so I can recover a little bit before it starts all over again.  I hope other people are having a more relaxing Valentine's Day than I am.

No comments: