Friday, January 4, 2013

New year, new format

 It's a new year, and it's become clear to me that I've lost my blogging spirit lately.  I think it's time for a fresh start, and a fresh approach.  Lately I've been watching a lot of documentaries about successful creative people, and one thing that they all say is that they work best within constraints.  So the new format of the blog with be constrained to a few categories, a few words, a few pictures.

Reading
Just finished Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer (fascinating, disturbing)
Started Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert Lustig (great so far)

Training
Lots of rest days lately
Yesterday: 15 minute metcon (DUs, KB swings, TTB, stones) and some static holds (OH, plank, hang)
Tomorrow: Oly practice


Cooking
Turkey legs in the slow cooker
Sweet potato mashed with butter
Spinach and romaine salad with pecans



 

Knitting
Laceweight garter stitch multidirectional scarf (pattern here)



Life
Looking forward to an upcoming trip to Steamboat Springs
The little guy has been cooking and reading too!

1 comment:

Greg said...

Amy,
I still like to read your blog. I admit that I don't get around to it often. You probably blog more than I read. Keep it up, if you are still liking it.
Greg P