Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yikes, catch-up

Yikes, I guess it's been a while since I've posted. I totally blew past my 4-year blogging anniversary.  (Has it really been 4 years??)  Things are going well, just haven't felt that inspired to use what free time I have to write for the blog.  I'm really enjoying the new gym.  Finally feel inspired to work out again!  In the spirit of starting fresh, I've been getting my new baselines for a bunch of the benchmark workouts and lifts.  Looking forward to see how much I can progress in the next six months.  NO PRESSURE this time around.

I've been knitting up a storm.  I made this little wool fisherman's rib hat for Alek's lady friend Paige:

I finished a big squishy fisherman's rib scarf (this pattern from the Purl Bee) in Cascade 220 tweed: 

Here is my WIP basket, which contains a sweater short one sleeve and a sock and a half:

And I cast on something brand-new this morning (the Multnomah shawl - scroll down for pattern) in Dream in Color Stardust:

Like many people, I was glued to the news for superstorm Sandy and it is heartbreaking how many people lost so much.  Glad to see this relief craftalong show up.  If you're like me and have warm handknits sitting around not getting any use, pack up a box and send them along.  I'm going to gather some hats and scarves and send them by the weekend.  Go here for more information.

Finally, you need to catch up on my little man.  He has been busy getting to know the feline neighbors,

drumming,

and reading:

He is getting big and independent and opinionated and rambunctious and hilarious and exhausting.  He definitely keeps me on my toes.  It's amazing to watch him learn about the world and become this fully faceted little person.  

1 comment:

Pili said...

Glad you found a new gym and glad to see you post!