Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New gym

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I wrote anything for the blog.  Have been busy, tired, etc.  Anyway, I do have news.  I've moved to a new gym.  A friend started his own gym right across the street from my office building, and I'm excited to be an inaugural member.  I have nothing bad to say about Roots - I had a good year there.  It was just too big for me to easily make friends.  I have learned over the last 4 years that my #1 reason for belonging to a gym is not to be good at CrossFit, to be fit or strong or fast, to increase mental toughness, to see improvements, or any of that.  It's to have a social support network, friends I'm comfortable with, that I see on a regular basis, that I could make last-minute plans with or ask for a favor.  I had that at my first gym, but the last two years I have been missing it.  I seem to have to plan things out weeks in advance and I rarely see people socially.  And I haven't been able to forge anything more than superficial relationships at a big place that was big when I got there. 

Check out Boulder Crossfit's page to see my new home.  I love it there already.  I'm so happy to reconnect with old friends and looking forward to making new friends too! 

1 comment:

Jane said...

That sounds like a good situation for you - I'm glad you're enjoying the new place.