I also totally want to jump on the Wingspan bandwagon (Ravelry link). I know, as soon as the Yarn Harlot posts about a pattern, the internet explodes with people wanting to knit it too, but hey, she has good taste. I don't want to knit EVERYTHING she knits, just most of it. So after the prayer shawl (still waiting for the yarn to arrive), I'll probably cast that on.
Oh, and I did finish the Big Project. No pictures of it here until it reaches its new owners! No spoilers! I will say that it is very big. It is quite possibly the biggest thing I have ever knitted.
I'm still working on fixing the knee. It's doing better enough that I've been able to do squats again, though I have to keep them light to get full range of motion. I have weird proportions for a weightlifter (very long femur, short torso), so I need to learn some better positioning on squats that takes that into account. I really wanted to sign up for the Colorado Open (registration opened this morning and it's already sold out), but I can't go into a competition with an injury. I need to be at 100 percent. Hopefully next year! There is another in-house weightlifting meet coming up in late June, so I'll do that.
I have about a million links bookmarked, but I haven't gotten around to posting them lately! Here are a few:
- Looking at the Bigger Picture – Through the Eyes of my Children from Everyday Paleo (Read this!)
- The Key to Science in 63 Seconds via Swiss Miss
- Thai curry chicken burgers with herb salad from Stuff I Make My Husband
- Babies! Lambs and kittens from Getting Stitched on the Farm
- How to Fix Broken Powder Makeup from Simple Notebook
- Kid Plates For Playing With Your Food from Craftzine: