Thursday, May 10, 2012

Knitting update


I finished the pink booties (for the baby girl a friend of the family just had).  They turned out very cute.  Now I just need to get them in the mail!

I'm almost finished with my Big Project that is a secret for now.  Let's just say it's a little something for a certain person who shares some DNA with me and the lovely person who's agreed to marry him.  In a month.  That should narrow it down.  Also, it's very large and wooly. 

My next project is a shawl for a college friend who recently lost her husband.  They were still newlyweds, only married a year.  So tragic and sudden, my heart just breaks for her.  I just ordered the yarn and I decided on the Boneyard Shawl pattern by Stephen West.  Not trying to be macabre with the title, it was just a simple, comforting pattern that will work with the yarn I ordered.   I'm eager to get started on it, even though it probably won't be much use to her until the weather cools down.  I like the idea of a prayer shawl, even though I'm not religious.  Non-religious prayer, perhaps?  Healing thoughts for the recipient knitted in.  Think some healing thoughts for her if you get a chance. 

No comments: