Thursday, April 19, 2012

Community knitting

I finally got to go to Community Knitting at Shuttles on Monday.  I think it's been about 5 years since I last went, maybe more.  Now that it's a 5 minute drive from my house, I can easily stop in for an evening event.  It's nice - you show up, there's a suggested donation, and you get a little package of yarn and a pattern to make a project.  Whatever gets made is donated to children in need in Boulder County.

This month's pattern was a child's scarf.  I had until next month's meeting to finish it, but being a compulsive knitter and overachiever, I plowed ahead and finished right away. 



I think it's cute, and the skinnier ribbed section will keep it nicely wrapped around a little one.  I love knitting for charity.  I like the idea that something I made will keep someone warm. 


No comments: