Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random updates and some links

I should try not to go more than a week without posting.  But I'm feeling pretty worn out.  So a few random updates, and then some links. 

I just finished up a proposal that's been stressing me out hugely.  Almost missed the deadline too - didn't realize it had to be a hard copy and was planning to just email or upload it at the last minute.  But apparently Fed Ex has magic powers and can get things across the country overnight.  It's amazing, really. 

I finally finished the pink and purple socks.  Will try to get a photo sometime this week. 

I bought yarn for a new blanket, but I'm making myself wait on really starting it until I finish the MDK moderne log cabin blanket.  Longtime readers may remember this from, um, a long time ago.  I want to finish it up and get it sent off to its intended recipients.

I finally checked out the trails near my house, and they're really close and very beautiful.  I took the kiddo with me and he started screaming in the backpack so I had to turn around.  But I think I will really enjoy the trails and walks around the neighborhood, particularly as the weather gets warmer.

I caved and read The Hunger Games.  I was intrigued by all the hype about the book and the movie, and the synopsis sounded interesting.  I was hooked immediately.  What an engrossing read - I couldn't put it down and finished it really quickly.  Then I immediately ordered the sequel, Catching Fire, and read that too.  Downloaded a sample of the third (and last) book, Mockingjay, read it, and it is taking all my willpower to not buy it yet.  (I need a little break, it's keeping me up at night.)  I love my Kindle.  What did we do before e-readers and instant gratification?

Links

No comments: