Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A little on edge


House Woes

I've been a little on edge lately.  My house in the mountains has been on the market for a year and a half now.  Since the housing market in the mountains is not showing signs of improvement, Mike and I decided a while ago that we were willing to move to a rental in town while we waited for it to sell.  But it's tough to swing both a mortgage payment and rent, so we needed something budget friendly.  The search has been frustrating - we are willing to make compromises to stay under budget, but seeing as we're currently living in a nice house (though inconveniently situated), it's hard to ditch it for something that seems seedy, run-down, or tiny. 

So I've been diligently (obsessively?) scouring Craig's List for possibilities, putting the word out to friends, with no luck.  It's been stressful and putting me on edge a bit.  Well, yesterday I finally found one that *might* work, and we went to take a look at it yesterday, and I had the wrong address written down!  (Can I still blame that on mommy brain or am I past that point?)  We'll try to see it again, hopefully tomorrow.  It would be so nice if it worked out, so we could finally go forward with moving plans.  I'm ready for a fresh start in a new location where I don't feel isolated, where I can run out to the grocery store or the office or a friend's house, and where Mike's commute is shortened enough that I actually get to see him for an extra hour a day. 

Of course, I've tried to keep sight of the fact that we're very lucky to have a place to live, even if it's a little inconvenient/isolated for a new mom.  We're lucky to have the financial means to do this rent and wait plan.  And it will work out eventually.  I'm just someone who makes a decision and then acts right away, and delays (especially ones that are out of my control) drive me crazy.  So I've been a little stressed lately.  When the move does happen, I'll be so relieved. 

Links

2 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

It's so unlike you to be on edge.

*hug*

I gotta be a little annoying. It's sort of my job.

Amy said...

True, I am usually the picture of serenity. "Serenity now!"