Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Deadliftin'

I went to strength class today, and we did:

5-5-5-5 low pull deadlift (standing on a plate) at 115#
3:00 rest between sets

then

touch and go set of 10 regular deadlifts (from the floor) at the same weight

then

3 attempts at max hang from the bar (for grip strength)

I got 30 sec, 45 sec, and 1 minute.  Either I figured something out or I was sandbagging it on the earlier attempts.  Actually I just pretended I was climbing and hanging on a hold for the second and third attempts and that put me in the right frame of mind to hang longer. 


All in all, the workout went great.  The weight was fairly light for me, but good for just starting back.  It seems my metcon has suffered more than my strength.  I always like lifting and it's good to get back to it.  I'll try to attend the strength classes once a week now. 

In knitting news, the booties I knit for Alek fit him now.  Yay!  So adorable, and his feet will be toasty warm .

1 comment:

Jane said...

Can you send me a picture of those cute little feet?