Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not taking AMRAP literally

Yesterday's workout (almost 35 weeks)

AMRAP in 20 minutes:

10 KB clean and jerk each arm 8kg
8 ring rows
15 squats

I took it slow and got 6 rounds. Plenty of water breaks. It's getting even more challenging finding things I can still do without being too repetitive from workout to workout. This one worked well. At this point, to keep my motivation up, it helps to do CrossFit-style workouts (scaled and slowed way down), and it's kind of a fun mental challenge to try to piece together the things I can do like a puzzle. I got a little extra inspiration from watching the CF games all weekend.

I have some good links for you today, including a great treatise on overhead squats, my favorite exercise. Happy reading!

Links

1 comment:

Jane said...

Cute - I also liked the long sleeved onesies that are on sale. But I didn't order any!!!