Friday, August 12, 2011

New project


I finally got the knitting done on my dk-weight Brooks Farm baby sweater yesterday and blocked it (still needs to be seamed). But as a reward for getting it almost finished, I let myself start a new project, just for me. It's the Live Oak Shawlette (Ravelry link) from Knitscene, Fall 2011, in Fleece Artist Sokomo.

I needed something that wasn't baby knitting or dishcloth cotton, something sophisticated. But not as hard as my Estonian lace shawl - every time I work on that I screw something up because I'm not paying close enough attention! I rarely buy knitting magazines, but I had some time to kill on Wednesday so I went to Barnes and Noble. When I go there I inevitably end up in either stationery or periodicals. I looked at ALL of the knitting magazines, and this one was by far the best on the shelves in terms of patterns I actually wanted to knit. I think this is my fastest magazine purchase to cast on time ever. It helps that I had the perfect yarn just sitting in the stash! There's a lot of good patterns in that magazine, including a really nice pullover that I want to make. And some hats, and this, and this too (all Ravelry links).

Links

No comments: