Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lifting at 38 weeks

Yesterday's workout:

5X8 pull-downs 70#
5X8 push jerk 45#
5X8 back squat 45#

Lotsa reps, not much weight. Seemed about right, a good balance of stuff. Laurie's being a great sport keeping me company on Wednesday lifting days, and yesterday Steve was on hand too to watch with anxiety as I cleaned the bar around my increasingly ginormous stomach. I think I'll probably be sore from the squats tomorrow. I already feel the push jerks in my traps. Today was a rest day, then tomorrow a bit of climbing. I swear the little guy is at his calmest and happiest when I'm on the wall. I'll keep climbing, buddy!

Saturday and Sunday Mike is competing in the Colorado Open at Front Range CrossFit, and I'm going to cheer him on. Skip always puts on a great event and it should be a good time. I'll try to get some good photos to share. And I'll try not to go into labor while in Denver...

Links


No comments: