5X8 pull-downs 70#
5X8 push jerk 45#
5X8 back squat 45#
Lotsa reps, not much weight. Seemed about right, a good balance of stuff. Laurie's being a great sport keeping me company on Wednesday lifting days, and yesterday Steve was on hand too to watch with anxiety as I cleaned the bar around my increasingly ginormous stomach. I think I'll probably be sore from the squats tomorrow. I already feel the push jerks in my traps. Today was a rest day, then tomorrow a bit of climbing. I swear the little guy is at his calmest and happiest when I'm on the wall. I'll keep climbing, buddy!
Saturday and Sunday Mike is competing in the Colorado Open at Front Range CrossFit, and I'm going to cheer him on. Skip always puts on a great event and it should be a good time. I'll try to get some good photos to share. And I'll try not to go into labor while in Denver...
- Good news on coffee prices via The Consumerist
- Seven essential knots from Whip Up
- Cool kitty hideout from Ikea Hacker
- Why anger spurs creativity from Freakonomics
- How to: Paper Cranes from Craft Leftovers
- How to: Dixie Cup Light Garland via Craftzine: