Tuesday, July 5, 2011

3 mini-hikes for the 4th

Mike and I spent the holiday doing three mini-hikes - one at Hall Ranch near Lyons, one at Lily Lake near Estes Park, and one at Settler's Park at the west end of Pearl St. We both got a lot of sun and were pretty tired by the end of the day, but it was good to get out and enjoy the sunshine and the views.

We took a break on the Pearl St. pedestrian mall between hikes 2 and 3 and met my parents (who are in town for the month) for a happy hour drink/snack. I got a no-jito, my new favorite pregnancy drink. It's a little too sweet to be paleo, but it's mostly just lime juice, club soda, and mint, so I try not to feel too bad about the added sugar. Especially on a 3-hike day. Also got some spicy habanero pork tacos (no tortilla or cheese) - a little painful but very tasty! I'm very glad that I've had minimal pregnancy heartburn and can eat as much spicy food as I like. It's a great strategy for cooling off in hot weather!

I didn't take any pictures of the beautiful scenery we saw on our hikes because I don't like to carry anything (including a camera) with me on short hikes. But I did get a couple of unrelated pictures.

Mike's back at a coffee shop:
Pretty elite. He's been following a strength program and getting his nutrition dialed over the last couple of months and it shows.

My nails painted in a festive glittery blue:

I went pretty hard yesterday, given the sun and the heat, so today I'm not working out and focusing on getting some work stuff accomplished.

Links

No comments: