In more productive news, I've almost finished the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style (Ravelry link) - I should finish it up tonight and get a photo shoot this weekend. Along with all the baby knitting, my plan is to knit a bunch of shrugs because they are pretty flexible with regard to fit. Also, they're not too hot for summer, and they don't require a sweater quantity of yarn, so I can use up some stash. This one was a little fancier/more structured than most shrugs and it still wasn't that hard. I think this pattern plus another couple of patterns I have on deck will give me a useful general recipe for designing my own too.
- As Venerable Soap Operas Die Off, Fans Fight for One More Life to Live from the Wall Street Journal. Really? I have nothing against bad TV, but I just don't get soap operas. I think it's time for them to fade into the past.
- Retractable Kitchen Island from Ikea Hacker
- Greek lamburgers from Getting Stitched on the Farm
- Gluten-free junk foods are still junk foods from The Heart Scan Blog
- Cities Made of Zip Ties via Craftzine
- Clever Manufacturers Turn Barcodes Into Art via The Consumerist: