First, a little music video:
I actually like to think of myself as a little bit Whole-Foods-counter-culture, with my gas-guzzling truck, my 5 pound bacon purchases and my pugilistic nature. But the fact that I go there means I'm as much of a yuppie as anyone. Oh well! At least I don't buy tofurkey.
- Taking Lab Rats Seriously: The Case Against (Most) Animal Testing from Freakonomics - It's a morally complicated issue, and there are important questions for scientists to ask.
- What? Food companies lie about the health benefits of cereal? Story at the Consumerist
- Packaging-Free Grocery Store To Open In Texas via The Consumerist
- 25 Great Movies About Money from Wise Bread
- Abby's Blanket (pattern) from Through the Loops: