Thursday, June 16, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation

Eldorado Canyon State Park

Great views.

Big rocks.

Estes Park Wool Market

The sheepdog demonstration.

A close-up. These dogs are good at what they do.

The haul: Brooks Farm worsted for a Mike hat, Brooks Farm DK for a baby sweater, and some pinky-purple splurge sock yarn for me (can't remember the seller).

Knitting
The finished bricklayer baby blanket from MDK. You can't see it too well in the photo, but I put a navy blue crochet border on that finishes it nicely.

A close-up.

Closer-up.

A teeny vest in Knitpicks Crayon. The yarn and the pattern did not play nice together and I had a major headache working on this, but the finished product is adorable. And so soft and snuggly.

Reading

See the spreadsheet for progress. Three down, making good progress on the current two.

It was a much needed extra-long weekend with lots of downtime and sunshine on the front porch. Now I get a nice short two-day work week, and another weekend!

No comments: