Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some CrossFit workouts

Today I thought I'd post a couple of workouts I've done this week. I decided to try a few of Tim's workouts since they're just up there on the FCF page staring at me. I go in to pick up Mike after his workout sometimes, and it kills me to not be able to do what I see everyone doing. But that doesn't mean I can't do the same workout on my own. It's better than nothing. And yesterday I had Laurie to join me, so it was a lot of fun. Also, Laurie is a rock star. She climbs all the crazy mountains you've ever heard of and she is an amazing and well-rounded athlete who is totally up for learning new things (and she learns them FAST, too).

Monday:

AMRAP in 10:00 of:

3 S2OH 135/85# (scaled to 65# - all push jerks)
6 push-ups
9 goblet squats 24/16kg (scaled to 12 kg)

Wednesday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:

Ring dips (band assist)
Burpees
KB snatch each arm (8 kg)

Neither of them were tricky to scale - just decreased weight or an added assist. And while both were challenging and got me a good workout, it also wasn't hard to take it at a lower intensity. The lesson is that if you have some experience with CrossFit but you're training on your own during pregnancy, take heart. Many CF workouts can be scaled to meet your needs, as long as you keep yourself in check and don't go all out. I got six rounds on the first workout, taking it pretty slow, and I did the second workout untimed. Burpees for two are a lot more challenging, but still doable! God, I would just die of boredom if the only "exercise" I was allowed to do during pregnancy was the recommended walking and swimming and prenatal yoga. Today I have strength class - I'll keep taking that as long as I'm allowed in.

Links

No comments: