Monday, May 16, 2011

The Foot Book

Thursday's post is finally up again - I guess Blogger was having some technical difficulties. Not much new to report on since then, though. I forgot to take photos of my knitting. Baby knitting currently stands at:
  • 1 blanket
  • 4 burp cloths
  • 4 bibs (still need buttons)
  • 1 hat
  • 1 washcloth
  • MDK baby kimono (half done)
  • started a pair of booties (need to be re-started)
I also have an Estonian lace stole going and some Jaywalker socks. But trust me, there's lots more on the baby/nursery knitting list.

Reading

I'm trying to read more, and the snow/fog we had blocked our satellite signal so we actually had the TV off most of the weekend. So I started reading On Writing by Stephen King, and it's quite interesting. I do love his writing style, but even his autobiographical stuff is a bit disturbing. His discussion of how he wrote Carrie was an interesting glimpse into his writing world. I'm also making my way through Anthony Trollope's Framely Parsonage. I like Trollope, very sensationalist for his time and the characters are ones you love to hate. But it gets a little dense, and this one has a lot of incomprehensible (to me) politics. So it's slow going.

Toy store

I went to lunch with a friend today, and I was just next door to a great toy store. My pregnant brain short-circuited, and I found myself walking in there. And for the first time since I was a kid, I didn't feel totally freaked out being in a toy store. It was actually kind of nice to look around. I guess reality is finally sinking in?

Anyway, my little guy has some clothes and lots of knitted things, but not much in the way of entertainment yet. So I got him a little Gund rainbow worm. It was soft and the only rattle that didn't scare the crap out of me (some of those baby toys come with terrifying faces and seizure-inducing color combinations). And I found a board book version of The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. I love that book!


This is my favorite illustration in the book:


That guy is just so proud of his fuzzy fur feet!

No comments: