Monday, May 2, 2011

33

Today I'm turning 33 years old. I thought I'd feel pretty old in my thirties, but I don't feel old at all. I plan to live to at least 100, so I'm not quite 1/3 of the way there.

I started out my birthday with some weightlifting (hey, just two more years till I can compete as a master):


Yes, I have to do the tally marks because otherwise I think I'm on set 4 but I'm on set 3, or vice versa. It's too hard to keep track unless I have a lifting partner. Everything felt fine, just had to force myself to keep it light. There was some good music on, so that always makes it more fun. And I took my time, lots of rest. (But the KB snatches - 8kg - were done in one set).

Knitting

I came back from a quick family visit to PA yesterday, and I spent a lot of time in airports and on planes, so I made a little progress on the Estonian lace shawl:
I like the pattern (Queen Silvia shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia) now that the nupps are getting easier. My very blue dress made a nice backdrop, I think. It definitely takes a little concentration, but it's not overwhelmingly hard. I want to spend more time on this and make some progress. I bet I can get it done in the next month or two.

The bunnies and Mike were glad to see me come home. Well, Mike was, not sure about the bunnies. I think they enjoyed giving Mike a hard time. And he gives them more treats than I do. But at least they came out to greet me right away. And they begrudgingly allowed a few snuggles.

Links

No comments: