Thursday, April 14, 2011

Snowed in!

Got a big spring wallop of a snow last night, even took the power out. This photo is after a couple hours of warm weather and subsequent melting. That's the best thing about spring snows in the mountains, they disappear so quickly, you start to wonder if they really happened. But I'm still running the backup generator, so indeed, it did snow hard enough to take out a power line. So I got an unanticipated day off work. I made stew and cleaned the bathrooms. And knit on the bamboo baby blanket (it's almost finished now).

Yesterday I did a version of the Open Sectional WOD #4. The real WOD was:

AMRAP in 10:00 of:
60 bar-facing burpees
30 OHS 120/90#
10 muscle-ups

Instead I did one full round with scaling and subs:

60 burpees
30 OHS 35#
10 bar rows
10 dips

It took me 12:40, but I wasn't going for time, just taking it pretty slow and steady. The first 20 or 25 burpees weren't bad, but then I started huffing and puffing and had to slow way down. Also I can't flop on my belly like I used to! More of a controlled descent. The OHS were pretty light, so no problem on them. At the 10:00 mark I think I had all the burpees and 20 OHS.

No comments: