Monday, April 4, 2011

Open Sectionals WOD #2

Okay, I finally got up the courage and did my second WOD since December: the Open Sectionals WOD #2.

AMRAP in 15:00 of:

9 deadlifts 100#
12 push-ups (release hands at the bottom)
15 box jumps 20" (substituted step-ups)

I got 6 rounds plus 3 deadlifts. The push-ups were easy - I've been doing a ton of push-ups over the last four months and I've gotten pretty good at them. I did them CF Games-style, which I thought would be a lot harder, but it wasn't bad. The deadlifts weren't bad but they spiked the hell out of my heart rate, so I had to stop and wait for it to come down before I moved on. The step-ups were surprisingly hard. My balance is not great, my joints feel weird, and I was wobbly. Also, even if you're not jumping, it's tiring to move your whole body weight up and down, not to mention that I'm 10 pounds heavier than I was,with less muscle.

It was okay to do a metcon on my own. I didn't go too crazy or anything and I felt fine after. It was definitely nice to get some intensity in. But as asocial as I am most of the time, I sure do crave company in a workout. I don't mind lifting on my own so much, but I just felt odd starting my own timer, moving in a sequence, stepping up on that box again and again. It seemed a bit pointless. But I'm craving variety, and overall, this was good to do. I watched a roomful of people do it on Saturday and I just knew that I had to do it at some point. I surprised myself with my success at the push-ups, and that makes me feel good.

I'll leave you with some photos I liked (and stole).

Spice rack bookshelves from Ikea Hacker:
Ombre log cabin blanket from the Purl Bee

Monster Easter egg nesting dolls via Craftzine

No comments: