Friday, March 4, 2011

This knitting is going to see the washing machine

Yesterday's Workout:

Warm-up: 20 push-ups, 20 deadhang pull-ups (1-band assisted)

I did try unassisted deadhang pull-ups first and got two singles. I probably don't have them for much longer, but it's cool to still be able to do at least one in the second trimester!

Front squat 5-5-3-3-1-1-1
65-75-85-90-95-100-105#

then

Power clean
2 sets of 3 at 45#
2 sets of 3 at 65#
2 sets of 2 at 75#
2 sets of 2 at 85#

So you at least know now why I've been staying away from my maxes and going light, especially on the dynamic lifts. The front squats felt good - taking them slower with more control and not bouncing out of the bottom to protect my joints, especially my hips, which are starting to get looser because of the relaxin hormone. Power lifts seem to be a better choice for me than dropping into a squat quickly - I feel more stable. Power cleans at 85# are not too challenging, but it's not trivial and it keeps me doing the motion so I don't forget. And I can go a bit heavier on the less dynamic lifts, like squats or deadlifts or presses. Next lifting session needs to include some deadlifts and presses. Programming for yourself takes a lot of extra effort and forethought. At least I have the strength class twice a week where I can punt and just do what I'm told. I have it today - yay!

Knitting

Baby knitting has started. Two baby genius burp cloths from Mason Dixon Knitting (Amazon link). There will be more of these. A lot more. I went to town on buying Peaches n Creme cotton yarn.

Fun Friday Links

No comments: