Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ouch

Super sore legs from Monday's heavy squats. Ow ow ow. Plus yesterday in class we did a bunch of slow strength stuff on the gymnastic rings and now my core is sore too. I'm totally fine except for things like sitting or walking.

CrossFit HQ released the second Open Sectionals workout:

AMRAP in 15:00 of:

9 deadlifts 155/100#
12 push ups
15 box jumps 24/20"

CrossFit Mom scales it with kettlebell deadlifts and step-ups (and of course "for 15:00 do" instead of AMRAP). I'll take the step-ups mod but I don't have a belly to work around yet, so barbell deadlifts are just fine. I don't even think I have to scale the weight because it's so light. The only reason to lighten the deadlifts would be to make it more of a sprint which is not what I'm after. Despite being sore, I'm really looking forward to doing this.

As for the Open Sectionals, I'm so disappointed that CrossFit HQ couldn't hire a competent professional to plan and manage the website and resources for this event. There's no excuse for the level of technical difficulties they've had, and it means friends of mine haven't been able to post or verify their scores or join their teams. Boo!

Links

1 comment:

CorinOnTheCob said...

Nice blog entry Amy, I am right with you on the sore front, it's one of those weeks where you so sore that it "only hurts when I breathe..." Also, love the OCD cutting board!