Push press 5-5-5-5-5
Wow, that was a lot of reps. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was 75 heavy reps. After a week off workouts and about 2 weeks off heavy lifting, I did struggle a bit to find the right weights to do. Things are feeling different and it's getting harder, especially now that I can't bounce out of the bottom of the squat anymore. And with things shifting in my core/back, I don't like to push it too heavy on deadlifts. Probably could have gone a little heavier with the push presses. I felt tired but pretty good after, so I think I struck a good balance. Oh, and a toddler watching me lift through the window of the weight room clapped for me. So at least my workout was impressive to the very young demographic.
Today I have my strength class, tomorrow I'll do the next Sectionals WOD with Rob and Matt, then climb Thursday and/or Friday. And if the weather is nice, I'd really like to get a hike in this weekend. I need more time in the sunshine!
- Check out this funny link from my brother: 6 stupid fitness tips that you can't get away from. I love the water and breakfast debunkings.
- I love spreadsheets, but I never thought to use them as an artistic medium. Hmm, new time killer?
- Study: HFCS Leads To Much More Weight Gain In Rats Than Sugar via The Consumerist. Yep, the liver turns that fructose into fat to store, while glucose triggers feedback mechanisms so there are at least a few hurdles before it gets stored as fat. Fructose bad.
- Theodore the teddy bear pattern (Ravelry link)
- Princess and the pea embroidery via Craftzine (love this!):