Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lots of heavy reps

Yesterday's Workout:

Squat 5-5-5-5-5
95-100-105-110-115#

Push press 5-5-5-5-5
45-50-55-60-65#

Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5
105-115-125-130-135#

Wow, that was a lot of reps. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was 75 heavy reps. After a week off workouts and about 2 weeks off heavy lifting, I did struggle a bit to find the right weights to do. Things are feeling different and it's getting harder, especially now that I can't bounce out of the bottom of the squat anymore. And with things shifting in my core/back, I don't like to push it too heavy on deadlifts. Probably could have gone a little heavier with the push presses. I felt tired but pretty good after, so I think I struck a good balance. Oh, and a toddler watching me lift through the window of the weight room clapped for me. So at least my workout was impressive to the very young demographic.

Today I have my strength class, tomorrow I'll do the next Sectionals WOD with Rob and Matt, then climb Thursday and/or Friday. And if the weather is nice, I'd really like to get a hike in this weekend. I need more time in the sunshine!

Links

No comments: