Friday, February 11, 2011

You'll want to make puppets

Yesterday's Workout:

Ring dips 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1 (with band assist)

Overhead squat 5x5 at 65#

8 rounds of 3 snatches every 2:00 at 65#

Not a huff and puff kind of workout, but it was good to get a lot of reps in without time pressure. 65# was definitely light for the snatch workout so it didn't tire me out, but I just didn't feel stable doing more than that.

I'm trying to talk more to people in the weight room, but it's hard for me as a not very outgoing person and really no one in there is very outgoing. It's going to be hard to make friends but I just need to keep trying and hopefully as I'm there more I'll get to know some people. My new trainer has been very supportive and friendly, so that does make me feel welcome. But it's pretty lonely so far.

It was/is a pretty active week. Monday was lifting on my own. Tuesday was strength class where we did some crazy hard things, like slow goblet squats and push-ups and ring rows to a metronome. Wednesday I stayed home sick. Yesterday more lifting. Today is strength class followed by climbing. Tomorrow is yoga followed by snowboarding. And on top of that, two social engagements this week, which is great but a lot for me. Sunday I do not plan to leave the couch. And maybe next week I'll take it easy.

Links
Puppets are awesome

This video of Jim Henson making puppets in 1969 (linked via Craftzine) made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Watch it if you want to feel warm and fuzzy. You may find it hard to resist the urge to make puppets out of office supplies and give them silly voices.

No comments: