Thursday, February 10, 2011

A chunky hat

Be warned: actual knitting content today. I have two Finished Objects - can you believe it?

Both projects are prizes for charity fundraising events. The first is a winner's choice hat offered in a drawing at work for the Family-to-Family project. Basically, our office raised money to buy Christmas gifts for two local families. I really like the personal nature of this charity, so I offered the hat as an incentive to get people to donate. Don't know if it worked as an incentive, but my boss won the drawing, so that's good karma at least. And she had the good taste to select the very cool Shroom slouch hat from Knitty.


I used the yarn specified in the pattern, Spud and Chloe Outer in Sequoia. This yarn is insanely soft and super chunky. If you want to make a very warm accessory in just a day or two, use this yarn cause it knits up fast. A close-up of the yarn:


I also finished the Fight Gone Bad prize, Vincent's knitted socks. These are so long overdue! Actually they're finished being knitted, but they still need the added monogram, which should be pretty quick to do. They turned out nice, but I don't think I'll knit black socks again because I can't see the stitches! So Dad, I know you're retired, but I will not be knitting you black socks to wear inside your crocs.


Sorry for the atrocious picture quality. Black knitting does not photograph well unless you actually know something about photography, in which case I'm sure you could make it work.

Tonight I'm lifting on my own again. I have some fun stuff planned, looking forward to it. I'll report back on it tomorrow.

No comments: