Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#600 and a COLD Groundhog Day

Punxsutawney Phil grants a rare interview.

This is my 600th post. Kind of blows my mind, that's a lot of writing. They haven't all been good posts, but I'm proud of a few of them, and I've enjoyed writing all of them. Thank you for reading. Oh, and Margene at Zeneedle just reached the 1800 mark, so I'm really just getting started.

I snapped a photo of the temperature according to the truck's thermometer this morning:

NEGATIVE 22. It got even colder than that overnight. And oh yeah, the icing on the cake is that our furnace stopped working. Possibly because the propane won't light when it's too cold. So we set a fire in the woodstove, shut it up tight, and are heading back home after lunch. It should be a little warmer and hopefully the propane issue will be resolved. If not, we'll call the repair guy and hope he can make it up soon. Hopefully the pipes won't freeze. Or the bunnies. Although as Mike keeps pointing out to me, they have fur coats and are probably not bothered at all by the cold. Fortunately the woodstove does a great job getting the house nice and warm.

And Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow, so the prognosticator of prognosticators has predicted an early spring. Welcome news across the country, I'm sure.

Have a very happy Groundhog Day! And stay warm!

Links

No comments: