Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sappy Tuesday

Everything about today's post is sappy, so I apologize in advance. No workout till tonight, and no rants simmering.

I'll start with some cute bunnies, one trying to get some sleep, the other giving him a bath.

Next up is a kind of sappy Ten on Tuesday list.

Ten on Tuesday

10 Favorite Holiday Shows
  1. A Christmas Story. My hands-down favorite. It always makes me laugh and I watch it every year.
  2. It's a Wonderful Life. THE classic Christmas movie, with a great lesson about what's really important. (Who's Uncle Billy? Inside joke for my fam.)
  3. Elf. I knew it was a new classic the first time I saw it. Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, and James Caan all play brilliantly off Will Ferrell zaniness.
  4. A Muppet Christmas Carol. Love love love the Muppets. Kermit with his wry sense of humor will always be the perfect Bob Cratchit in my opinion. And some people just get how to interact with Muppets. Michael Caine is one of those people.
  5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I'm married to the Grinch, so this one has a special place in my heart. Also, I love the music.
  6. The Polar Express. Amazing animation, sweet story, and it really captures the imagination. I believe in Santa Claus when I watch this movie, and I'm blown away by the representation of the North Pole.
  7. Christmas Vacation. Goofy, stupid, watched it a million times. And I'm still not sick of it. Eminently quotable.
  8. Home Alone. Sweet, funny, watchable. The hectic family scenes are my favorite, and the reuniting with the mom scene always makes me cry.
  9. Scrooged. I will watch anything with Bill Murray, he is a genius.
  10. Mixed Nuts. I think I am the only person who likes this movie, including the people who starred in it. I think it was some colossal flop. But I don't care, it cracks me up every time and I'll watch it over and over again.
And now an "awwwww" You Tube clip:



Clearly I'm losing my mind a bit with all this sappiness. Perhaps it's the holiday season getting to me. Or maybe I'm just working out too hard and getting a little goofy. So tomorrow is a day off - work from home, get some stuff done around the house, rest up, cook, knit, be a homebody. Hopefully I'll be back to my badass, hardcore self after that!

3 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

I rather like your goofy side, Amy. Keep it up. Also, I'd like to suggest two xmas specials to complement your list: Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas (it's a Jim Henson thing), and Mickey's Christmas Carol. I never saw Emmit Otter until this year, but it's one of Alizon's favorites. And Mickey's is just a classic -- Jiminy Cricket as the Ghost of Christmas Past? Brilliant.

Also, the ducks busted me up, too. You're not alone on that.

Jane said...

I love your badass, hardcore self -but I enjoy your sappy side as well. We should plan on watching at least one Christmas special when the fam is together, even if it is after Christmas.

Blogger said...

Just received my cheque for over $500.

Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys to finally set the record straight.