Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

10 Favorite Places for Online Shopping
  1. Amazon. I put Amazon at the top of the list because it's the most useful. We order everything from electronics to magnesium supplements to macadamia nuts to (of course) books through Amazon vendors.
  2. Etsy. Etsy is next because it is a wonderful source for handmade and vintage items. I've bought jewelry, bags, and vintage kitchen items through Etsy. Things on my wishlist include fancy hand-dyed yarns, quilts, and beautiful handmade clothing, not to mention more awesome vintage kitchen stuff. I could spend literally hours browsing.
  3. Knitpicks. My go-to for affordable yarn.
  4. The Loopy Ewe. A great source for high quality and indie yarns.
  5. Little Knits. Great for sales and good deals on bulk - a good place to go to buy a sweater's worth of yarn.
  6. MOMA store. Unique, aesthetically pleasing gifts and home items. I love stuff that's inspired by modern art.
  7. REI. Usually I go to the store, but you can get some extra good deals through the REI online outlet, and they'll ship to the store for free. Also a great return policy.
  8. J. Crew. Haven't ordered from them for a while, but when I do, the clothes I order end up being staples of my wardrobe. Great sales.
  9. L.L. Bean. Great return policy, great quality.
  10. Ebay. Just a great catchall for unusual or hard to find items. I'm pretty sure you can buy anything at all on Ebay.
That said, I didn't buy anything online for Cyber Monday.

Doing the evening workout today, followed by lifting, so nothing to report yet. Tons of knitting going on, so one of these days I need to get some photos. Tomorrow is the first day of December, so it's about time to get the tree decorated. I'm buried in laundry, and it happened all of a sudden. I'm not sure how this gets away from me. And it's frickin' cold here in Colorado. Time to make some paper snowflakes for my office, I think.

And that's enough rambling, so here are some links!

And I'll end with a photo of the race start for the Turkey Challenge. Mike is toward the left side in the green hat (made by me!) and the loud shorts.

1 comment:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

love the wheat one-liners link. i love to be an elitist and just tell people that bread is poor-people's food. i'd rather eat rich people's food, like steak.