Today I'd like to promote a new iphone Paleo app created by my friend Joe. Mike and I presented him with an idea, and in no time, he whipped up something really cool and got it in the app store. It's pretty cheap, we're not trying to make a million here. Just thought it would be an interesting new way to get inspired about putting together Paleo meals. About the app:
Paleo Spinner will help you come up with great recipe ideas that fit within the paleo guidelines. See a recipe you really like? Add it to your yum list so you can see it again any time in the future and you'll also be more likely to see those ingredients in other recipes next time you search. See a combination that looks terrible? Add it to the yuck list so you'll never see it again. If you know you want an ingredient in the recipe, lock it in and it will be there.Get the app here! And a big thanks to Joe for helping me realize this idea. Glad I got some work out of him before he moves to Mongolia. (Yes, really.)
The app comes with a built-in ingredients list that will get you started with thousands of recipe combinations. The ingredient lists are fully customizable so you can add and delete as you see fit.
Try out Paleo Spinner to find great combinations of all your healthy ingredients. The app learns what you like as you use it, so the more you try it, the better it will become!
- Fully customizable ingredient lists with proteins, fats, carbohydrates and flavors sections
- Yum list to track all your favorite combinations
- Yuck list to make sure unsavory combinations never appear again
- The more you like certain items, the more they will show up, the app learns your favorites
If you get the app and try it out, let me know what you think! Oh, and if you like it, maybe post a nice review. There are some really nasty ones on there.
NOTE: it does not give you recipes. The real value in the app is that it learns the ingredients and combinations you like and don't like. I think this is pretty cool. If you don't think it's cool, then don't buy the app.
- My buddy Susan made the front page at MBS today. And it's her birthday! Susan is totally kickass, in case you don't know her. I miss working out with her. Happy birthday!
- Team 36 from Unhappy Hipsters
- Why are the roofs of school buses painted white? from Freakonomics
- Colored pencils shelf via Craftzine: