10 Ways to Enjoy Halloween
- Wear a fun costume.
- Make fun of (or admire) your friends' costumes.
- Go out with friends and have a good time.
- People watch.
- Coo over the adorable kids' costumes. (I can't help it, I think it's an x-linked trait.)
- DON'T eat candy and feel smug about it.
- Look at the decorations - some people get really creative.
- Stay up till a spooky hour.
- Walk through some leaves and make a crunching sound.
- Compete in a costumed weightlifting meet. (Yep, I'm doing that.)
3 rounds for time of:
5 squat cleans 85#
My time: 11:19. I could have pushed it faster on the squat cleans, I think, but I didn't want to practice bad form, so I took the time to reset for each one. I'm also going in tonight for weightlifting practice - snatches up to 85%.
Hats for Sailors
I'm out of time to knit any more hats for the Hats for Sailors project, so today I'm sending in the three I finished. Here's a picture:
I love how they turned out, and they were fun and quick to make. Vintage WW2 pattern from here. Yarn: leftover green worsted superwash wool from Gypsy Wools in Boulder, blue and gray Swish worsted (superwash wool) from Knitpicks.
- What to be for Halloween from GraphJam
- How-to: Diabolical horns from Craftzine
- A parking reprimand from Passive Aggressive Notes (you HAVE to read this one)
- Paleo pancakes revisited from CFSCC: