Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

10 Ways to Enjoy Halloween
  1. Wear a fun costume.
  2. Make fun of (or admire) your friends' costumes.
  3. Go out with friends and have a good time.
  4. People watch.
  5. Coo over the adorable kids' costumes. (I can't help it, I think it's an x-linked trait.)
  6. DON'T eat candy and feel smug about it.
  7. Look at the decorations - some people get really creative.
  8. Stay up till a spooky hour.
  9. Walk through some leaves and make a crunching sound.
  10. Compete in a costumed weightlifting meet. (Yep, I'm doing that.)
Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:

15 pull-ups
10 burpees
5 squat cleans 85#

My time: 11:19. I could have pushed it faster on the squat cleans, I think, but I didn't want to practice bad form, so I took the time to reset for each one. I'm also going in tonight for weightlifting practice - snatches up to 85%.

Hats for Sailors

I'm out of time to knit any more hats for the Hats for Sailors project, so today I'm sending in the three I finished. Here's a picture:


I love how they turned out, and they were fun and quick to make. Vintage WW2 pattern from here. Yarn: leftover green worsted superwash wool from Gypsy Wools in Boulder, blue and gray Swish worsted (superwash wool) from Knitpicks.

Links

No comments: