Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

10 Ways to Have Fun on Long Car Rides
  1. KNIT! Stick with something simple and not too large - socks, a hat, a simple scarf.
  2. Listen to music.
  3. Sing along!
  4. Listen to podcasts and learn something new.
  5. Read. Unfortunately, this usually makes me sick, but I can read for a little while on the Kindle.
  6. Look out the window. In Colorado, there is always scenery worth looking at.
  7. Daydream.
  8. Talk, but not about anything too important or contentious (cause you can't get away).
  9. Brainstorm new ideas - I get some of my best thinking done in the car.
  10. Stop for coffee. Especially good for those winter road trips to the mountains.
Okay, nothing too earth shattering there. But I have always enjoyed long car rides, ever since I was a little kid. I always saw it as a nice block of time that I could spend in my own head, without any expectations to do anything else. Then I learned to knit, and now I can just switch between daydreaming and knitting, or if neither is too demanding, both!

As much fun as the deadlifts and dresses event was, I've decided not to submit any photos. Just felt a little weird, the whole contest aspect of it, and also I'm just not feeling like a calendar girl I guess. We kept the whole thing super low key and it was more about some candid snapshots than a real photo session, more about just getting done up and having fun as a group. I'm happy to call it a day right there. It was awesome, though, having that many high heels and that much makeup in the gym. We all try to be so tough all the time and fit in with the guys, sometimes it's nice just to be a girl.

Tonight is some heavy lifting followed by some more heavy lifting! Can't wait! I'm feeling strong today.

Finally, here is the green hat I made for the hats for sailors project. Still waiting on more yarn to arrive so I can make a couple more. It's very cozy and cushy, and not quite as bright of a green as it looks in this photo.


Links

1 comment:

primalpainter said...

I'm right there with you on the submitting the photos. I'm fairly happy with the way they turned out but there's something that's holding me back. I really enjoyed the night though - thanks for coming out and girlying it up!

I've always loved daydreaming in the car. The speeding scenery is so conducive to that trance-like state. Sleeping in the car is another favorite too!