10 Ways to Have Fun on Long Car Rides
- KNIT! Stick with something simple and not too large - socks, a hat, a simple scarf.
- Listen to music.
- Sing along!
- Listen to podcasts and learn something new.
- Read. Unfortunately, this usually makes me sick, but I can read for a little while on the Kindle.
- Look out the window. In Colorado, there is always scenery worth looking at.
- Talk, but not about anything too important or contentious (cause you can't get away).
- Brainstorm new ideas - I get some of my best thinking done in the car.
- Stop for coffee. Especially good for those winter road trips to the mountains.
As much fun as the deadlifts and dresses event was, I've decided not to submit any photos. Just felt a little weird, the whole contest aspect of it, and also I'm just not feeling like a calendar girl I guess. We kept the whole thing super low key and it was more about some candid snapshots than a real photo session, more about just getting done up and having fun as a group. I'm happy to call it a day right there. It was awesome, though, having that many high heels and that much makeup in the gym. We all try to be so tough all the time and fit in with the guys, sometimes it's nice just to be a girl.
Tonight is some heavy lifting followed by some more heavy lifting! Can't wait! I'm feeling strong today.
Finally, here is the green hat I made for the hats for sailors project. Still waiting on more yarn to arrive so I can make a couple more. It's very cozy and cushy, and not quite as bright of a green as it looks in this photo.
- The trouble with points from Whole Nine
- Like I said from GraphJam
- Staring into space bar from Not Always Right
- Halloween notepad how-to from Craftzine
- Halloween decorating from Wee Wonderfuls: