Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good week

Yesterday's WOD:

Clean and jerk
3/3:00 x 8
Use 80-85%

I used 100#, which is actually 90% of my max. And this is supposed to be my light week! I don't know, I'm just feeling very strong this week. That 100# felt like nothing, I was able to keep my form pretty solid, especially on the cleans. Usually when it gets heavy I kind of stiff-backed power clean it, but last night I was landing pretty soft, getting under it, and getting my elbows around quick. Jerks were a little less snappy than the cleans, but still felt strong.

I stayed for a *little* bit of weightlifting, just a little more technique work with clean and jerk at 85# (75%). But not much more, cause 24 reps with 90 percent is a lot! So I kind of sabotaged my light week - my last workout of the week will be Sunday and I'll definitely keep that light, then go pretty light again next week.

Today's WOD:

AMRAP in 15:00 of:

5 push-ups
10 SDHP 55#
Run 150 meters

I got 9 rounds, no scaling. I felt good again! This must just be an "on" week for me. The run felt great, the SDHP, which usually give me a lot of trouble, felt lighter and smoother than usual, and I'm pretty sure I got full depth on all the push-ups and didn't have to break them up. We also did some handstand work, and even though I was pretty scared and it took me a while to work up my nerve, I did a whole bunch of free standing (not against the wall) handstands, with only 1 bad crash. Granted, they were brief. But I do think I've made progress on them.

Tomorrow is climbing, and then a day off. It's been a good week!

Links

1 comment:

primalpainter said...

Awesome Amy! I'm doing the 5:30 today and going to get some WL in afterward.

Glad you're having a strong week.