Monday, October 11, 2010

Deadlifts and dresses

Lovely ladies of FCF

Today's WOD:

For time:
10 snatch 65#
20 pull-ups
30 stick jumps 16"?
40 KB snatch 12kg
30 stick jumps
20 pull-ups
10 snatch

My time: 12:38. That was a fun one!

Friday was Deadlifts and Dresses, and we had a great time playing dress-up and being girly in the gym! Here are some photos of the evening - there are so many to choose from, but I tried to pick the highlights!

Rethinking our idea to pose with the chalk bowl when we realized that our black dresses were probably going to get covered with chalk.

Artist plays makeup artist. I love this one, it looks like a scene from a play.

You've seen us deadlift, so I'll skip that part and give you the dress pictures!

My favorite one of Julie, cause she's cracking up!

My favorite one of Leslie:

Okay, there was some posing with a kettlebell. But this is the only SAFE way to pose with a kettlebell in a strapless dress. Trust me.

And this is probably my favorite photo of the evening, Sarah as Marilyn!

Did you know that 4 inch platform heels are fabulous for squatting? So comfy. I'm lifting in these from now on.

And even though it was a girly evening, we had a bunch of the guys turn up to support/admire us! That is Gary in the background doing pull-ups. Ain't no party like a CrossFit party.

I'm not sure if I'll submit photos to the contest, but if I do, I think I'll use these two photos:

3 comments:

primalpainter said...

Very nice Amy! That was a lot of fun - can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

Re: the photo that looks like it's from a play - it totally does! I played Shelby in Steel Magnolias way back in the day, this sorta reminds me of one of the many scenes we did in Truvy's.

primalpainter said...

Oh, and? You should totally submit those two photos. They are adorable!

rosanne said...

Yes! submit those pics! All of you look beautiful!! I can't wait to see the rest. Doc, you clean up real nice! You little hottie!