Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Adrenaline

Yesterday's WOD:

Front squat + jerk 1-1-1-1-1

95-105-115-120-125

Tried 130# three times but no go. Also stopped jerking after 95#. I can usually do 105 but I just wasn't properly warmed up on jerk.

then 12-9-6 reps @66%
jerk after the last rep of each set

Did this at 85#, and it was very tiring but went well.

then stayed for weightlifting (snatch up to 90%)

Today's WOD:

some snatches (just a few reps)

then

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Pull-ups
Double unders x2

My time: 8:30. Yeesh, took about twice as long as everyone else. Tried to focus on using my lats more in the pull-ups, and the stupid double unders betrayed me. Fine in warm-up, fine AFTER the workout, but during I kept tripping and getting only 2 or 3 in a row. Lucinda pointed out that I might want to take a few moments to rest on the double unders rather than trying to crank through them, so that I can string together more reps. I'll try that next time.

Adrenaline

Lately I've been thinking a lot about adrenaline. Adrenaline is good for being able to push hard, but it absolutely sucks when you cycle up and down in adrenaline all day and use it to get you through the day, and have to deal with the rebound. I'm an adrenaline junkie lately, and it seems I always have either too much or not enough. Cutting down on the coffee helps (or at the least, improves my sleep), but I have to learn some important life skills so that I'm not beating my adrenals into the ground. You can't run at full speed all the time. I'm an intense person, and I'm proud of that, but I need to channel my intensity more effectively and know when to back off. It's a learning process though.

Links

No comments: