Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

10 Ways to Have a Happy Birthday
  1. Sleep in
  2. Take some time for yourself
  3. Buy yourself a present
  4. Spend time with friends/family
  5. Do something that makes you laugh
  6. Eat something tasty
  7. Have a drink (or two)
  8. Call your parents (without them, there'd be no birthday!)
  9. Reflect on the last year
  10. Make a wish for the coming year
If you're wondering where I get the topics for Ten on Tuesday, I don't come up with them myself, Carole does. You can subscribe to her TOT mailing list here. The birthday topic came up because it's Carole's birthday! But I know I have at least one reader with a birthday coming up - not that I need to tell her how to have fun!

Yesterday's WOD:

For time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 KB Swings 12 kg
100 Stick jumps 24/20"

Partition however you want.

I just made it under the 32 minute cutoff with 31:05. The pull-ups suffered because I spent my lunch hour climbing and my forearms were pretty burned out. But I made it through! Tried to do 10 sets of 10, but ended up splitting up the pull-ups and the push-ups into two 5's. Didn't sacrifice my form too much, tried to keep good ROM through to the end. Wish I could have done it faster, but this was a long one, and on those you just have to be happy with making it through.

Today's WOD:

Clean and Jerk
8 rounds of 3/3:00
Use 80-85%

I used 95#, which is 85% of my max clean and jerk (110#). Tried 100# briefly, but I wasn't staying tight enough and kept missing. I think form got better as I went through the rounds. It's so mental - when I was able to really focus, the lift went well, but when I rushed it, it was a mess.

I was going to go to weightlifting tonight to work on technique, but I think I'm too tired and hey, I already did a bunch of weightlifting today. So I think I'll go tomorrow night instead.

Links

1 comment:

Philip said...

I have a concern about #8 on your list. I think you also need to call your father for the same reason.