10 Ways to Have a Happy Birthday
- Sleep in
- Take some time for yourself
- Buy yourself a present
- Spend time with friends/family
- Do something that makes you laugh
- Eat something tasty
- Have a drink (or two)
- Call your parents (without them, there'd be no birthday!)
- Reflect on the last year
- Make a wish for the coming year
100 KB Swings 12 kg
100 Stick jumps 24/20"
Partition however you want.
I just made it under the 32 minute cutoff with 31:05. The pull-ups suffered because I spent my lunch hour climbing and my forearms were pretty burned out. But I made it through! Tried to do 10 sets of 10, but ended up splitting up the pull-ups and the push-ups into two 5's. Didn't sacrifice my form too much, tried to keep good ROM through to the end. Wish I could have done it faster, but this was a long one, and on those you just have to be happy with making it through.
Clean and Jerk
8 rounds of 3/3:00
I used 95#, which is 85% of my max clean and jerk (110#). Tried 100# briefly, but I wasn't staying tight enough and kept missing. I think form got better as I went through the rounds. It's so mental - when I was able to really focus, the lift went well, but when I rushed it, it was a mess.
I was going to go to weightlifting tonight to work on technique, but I think I'm too tired and hey, I already did a bunch of weightlifting today. So I think I'll go tomorrow night instead.
- The Prisoner's Dilemma makes a reality TV appearance from Freakonomics
- Not quite an eggs-pert from Not Always Right
- Clothing made from broken china via Craftzine
- Big knitting pattern roundup from Whip Up
- You complete me Tetris cross-stitch via Craftzine: