Thursday, September 23, 2010

Snatches: working on form

From Passive Aggressive Notes. I love it!

Today's WOD:

Snatch
8 rounds of 3/2:00
Use 80-85%

I used 70#, which was pretty light, but that's okay, I was awfully tired from a hard week. Felt good to just move and focus on form. Also had some handstand success at the beginning of class and some nice relatively low-impact double unders in the warm-up.

I also worked on snatches last night at weightlifting class. From the knee (on boxes) at 65-70#. Working on the hip turnover at the top/dropping under the bar and being snappy. And staying over the bar of course.

Taking tomorrow as a rest day. Much needed!

Oh, and I got the much anticipated copy of Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution. Mike's already got dibs on it, but he reads fast, so I'll hopefully get started on it by the end of the weekend. It's super informative, easy to read, pitched to a general audience, not too long, and Robb Wolf is a very very funny human being. Read it for the laughs, read it to save your life.

2 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

I'm totally a convert to the paleo thing. Amazing how much it has helped me! The fiancee put it best when she said, "All it's really about is eating real food." And that's it. You only eat real food, no more filler.

Amy said...

Awesome. So glad you're on board.

People at work were eating donuts today. That is NOT real food. My ziploc bag of pecans and homemade beef jerky, on the other hand...