Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ouchy hands and evac knitting


Today's WOD:


5 rounds for time of:

15 OHS 55#
15 T2B

My time: a little over 20 minutes. Not sure exactly. I was on track to beat 15 minutes, then in the third round, rip, rip, rip. I won't post pictures, they're too graphic. Both hands - palms, callouses, everything. It was a test of will to finish. The pain in my hands was really bad and I had a very hard time holding on to the bar. But I did finish, eventually. Picked up some emu oil after the workout and I'm hoping it speeds the healing. Please, please no pull-ups or kettlebell snatches in tomorrow's workout.

Was this simply an exercise in masochism, or was there some point to it? I like to think that I accomplished something by fighting through the pain. I've worked through rips before, but never this many reps. That's what it's about, right? Pushing the limits.

Evacuation Knitting


The only knitting project I had with me when I realized I couldn't get to my house last Monday was a very fine-gauge stockinette scarf. Great for plane knitting, but I needed something soothing, simple, cotton, colorful. And BIGGER GAUGE. So I hastened to Michaels for some size seven bamboo straights and five skeins of sugar and cream dishcloth cotton. A few days later, I have this odd mishmash of midcentury modern/60s-kitschy mitered square and ballband goodness, with a seventies variegated avocado waffle thrown in. Comfort knitting at its best.

No comments: