Friday, September 24, 2010

Fight Gone Bad is tomorrow, last chance to donate!

sneak preview...

Today is a bit random. So I'll go with a list format.
  1. Last chance to donate to Fight Gone Bad. If you would like to enter the drawing to win a custom-knitted prize, tomorrow (Saturday 9/25) is your last day to donate to my Fight Gone Bad page. These are good causes to support, and I'll be going hard in the workout! Click HERE or on the Fight Gone Bad icon in the sidebar. Thanks!
  2. An appreciative brother is worth his weight in gold. Check out my little bro's post today. Aww. I didn't realize he'd kept everything!
  3. How lifts relate to other lifts. Today Robb Wolf posted a short excerpt from Greg Everett's Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes and Coaches that I thought was pretty interesting.
    A frequent question I get is, How much should my [lift] be if my [other lift] is [number] kg/lb? This is a question with no real answer, but I will take a moment, as I always do, to explain a bit. Read more
  4. I am tired. This was a week of long workouts. But the nice thing is, I'm not sore at all. Good nutrition + mobility work = good muscle recovery. More details on this next week.
  5. Robots scare me. How creepy is this picture from Craftzine? If it doesn't scare you, you haven't seen the Terminator movies enough times. Mike had a good idea, though. If we build an unsolvable Rubik's cube, maybe we could keep the robots busy enough to not kill us. (Robots, if you're reading, don't worry, it IS solvable. Just keep trying.)

2 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

of COURSE I keep everything. You're my big sister. There's nothing quite as close to God on Earth as an older sister who pays attention to her annoying little brother.

primalpainter said...

Awwww! How awesome is Joe?!? He's paleo and he loves your knitted goods. :)

Mike is definitely onto something about the unsolvable puzzles. I didn't realize I had felt slightly uneasy since watching my first Terminator movie back in the 80's. I can relax now!

Good seeing you guys last night. Is that sneak preview what I think it is???