Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another long WOD

Reminder: Fight Gone Bad is just a few days away. If you want to be entered in the drawing to win a custom handknit, donate any amount to my page by Saturday. Link in sidebar. Thanks!


Today's WOD:


5 rounds for time of:

7 HSPU OR 14 push-ups
7 thrusters 55#
7 T2B
7 deadlifts 105#
7 burpees
7 KB swings 16kg
7 pull-ups

My time: 30:00. I'm just glad I finished it. Everything is sore from Monday's workout, especially push-up and pull-up muscles, so those took forever. Did my first round with not-great HSPU then switched to push-ups for the rest. Also threw three extra pull-ups into round 3 because I got confused on the order.

This was grueling. I did too much stopping, wish I could have kept moving better, but there was a lot of muscle failure. I came very close to quitting at the beginning of round 4, but I knew I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't finish, so I jumped back in. It's a good lesson:
It doesn't matter who's cheering for you, what the workout is, how sore or tired you are - whether or not you finish is really just up to you.
Also, I got to work out with my buddy JRap today! Missed you!!

There is knitting happening, but I'm working on a super secret project which can't be revealed just yet. So stay tuned for that.

I have some good links for you today! Happy reading/watching!

Links

1 comment:

primalpainter said...

Thanks for the linky-love, Amy! I'm glad you enjoyed taking a tour of some of my fave artists, I enjoyed writing that!