Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Strength Day 12

Sleeping bunny

Summer Strength Day 12

1. Clean and jerk 5-5-3-3-1-1-1
85-85-95-95-100-105-110# (PR!)

2. Deadlift 5-5-3-3-1-1-1
155-160-175-180-185-190-200# (PR!)

Last night was the last day of the summer strength program, and I got 2 PR's! I've gotten a 110# clean before, and I got a 110# jerk off the rack once, but I never got 110# sequential clean and jerk (despite many attempts). And I FINALLY broke 200 with my deadlift! Yipeeee! That's been a goal for a long time. It went right up, and of course I tried 205, but after all those reps with heavy weight, I was tired and couldn't make it budge. I feel stronger and I know when I try again for 1 rep maxes on these lifts, without burning out on lots of reps first, I'll be able to go up even more.

It feels badass to be in the 200s for a lift! And deadlift has been my nemesis, especially given that I have absolutely the wrong body type for the lift (longer legs, shorter torso) and not much mass to put behind it. It was sheer will and a lot of unpleasant reps that got me to 200.

Taking three days off, then Monday I'll start back with mostly light fast metcons and lifting interspersed here and there.

Links

3 comments:

Jane said...

Adorable bunny - which one is it?

Weird knitted meat - ick.

Congrats on the PR's

rosanne said...

Yeah on your PR's!! so proud of you on the dead lift. Hey there's a gift for Tim, a knitted piece meat! What more could the caveman want? Miss you!

Bluescaptain Joe said...

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/workouts-for-firming-you-up-and-creeping-everyone-else-out/