Friday, July 30, 2010

Bump on the head

Ouch! I got a nasty bump on the head today. Barbell to the face during a high-speed snatch. So please accept my apologies if this post doesn't make sense. I have a headache but don't feel fuzzy so far. Apparently it looks pretty bad, and with my level of vanity, that is the toughest part.

Yesterday's WOD:

Back squat 5-5-3-2-1-1

115-125-135-140-145-failed on 155

In 7:00 complete:

20 stick jumps 24/20"
20 pull-ups
20 clean and jerk 115/75#
20 SDHP 115/75#

No scaling, split up the reps however you want. I got everything done except the SDHP. I tried one, didn't get it high enough, and just focused on getting through all the clean and jerks, and then I was out of time. Order of work was 10 pull-ups, all 20 stick jumps, 10 more pull-ups, 5 clean and jerks, 1 attempt at SDHP, then the other 15 clean and jerks.

After the WOD I did some work on box jumps (12-16") and handstands. Got a nice controlled handstand that I was able to hold for about 2 seconds, but the box jumps were a bit tricky with the extra 4 inches. More practice! Also did a few ring dips, but my arms were so sore, I couldn't do more than a few reps.

Today's WOD:
5 rounds for time of:

10 snatch 55#
20 wallballs 10#

My time: 14:57. I think I hit my head in round 3. Maybe 4? I can't remember, ha! Sat down for a couple seconds, but then I got up and kept going. I think the adrenaline actually sped me up a bit! It was a good workout - going light on the snatches enabled me to keep moving fast the whole time. And I did a pretty good job of hitting the target and bouncing nice and low on the squat for the wall balls.

Didn't do any extra work today other than the scheduled warm-up (yay double unders in lifting shoes) and skills work . We did some swinging on the rings (muscle-up progression) that was kind of fun. I'll try it again next week when I'm not so sore.

It was a full week! And I have just a little more in store today - going climbing at lunchtime. But I'll take it pretty easy and just work on technique and particularly balance on some easier climbs. My goal is to go to the climbing gym once a week for the next couple of months, to see if I can make some solid progress. I've been averaging about twice a month, which is fun but not enough to see progress.

Have a great weekend, and here are some links to entertain you:

No comments: