Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

A cool Mayan temple type construction I saw on the beach. That's a pretty kickass sandcastle. Built by somebody with more patience that I have!

I signed up for the Ten on Tuesday weekly topic, via Carole Knits. Here's my first installment! Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Ways To Entertain a Child. I don't have kids or babysit or know anything about kids, so I don't even know one way to entertain a child. But I do know ten ways to entertain a rabbit, so I'll go with that instead.

Ten Ways to Entertain a Rabbit
  1. Give him a pile of lettuce with something really good hidden underneath (carrot, banana, grape).
  2. Stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open. Even if you are just making your own dinner, your rabbit will be riveted. He knows that's the big treat box.
  3. Give him a cardboard box so he can build a house. Be prepared for lengthy and noisy construction periods, multiple entrances/exits, and lots of scrap from the demolition.
  4. Leave your shoes at bunny height. They are great for chewing and tossing.
  5. Leave important papers at bunny height. The more important the paper, the better it tastes.
  6. Give him a big pile of hay to "sort".
  7. Give him a toy with jingle bells on it and leave it with him overnight (4 AM is prime jingle bell time).
  8. Lie on the floor and try to read a book. This leads to the delightful game, "How high can I make you jump when I tickle the small of your back with my whiskers?".
  9. Give him something to climb on. Tippy ashcans work well.
  10. Rub his head between the ears. Maybe it's not entertaining, but ahh, so relaxing.

No workout report today, doing the strength class this evening. Details tomorrow.

No comments: