Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Strength Day 2


Summer Strength Day 2:

1. Deadlift 5x5 at 80% (155#)

2. Snatch from knee height
5x5 at 50% (went a little higher with 50#)
first 3 rounds power snatch, last 2 rounds squat snatch

3. Push press 3-3-3-3-3

55-65-75-80-85 (only got 1 rep at 85)

I'm really enjoying this, but I am SO SORE! Can barely walk today. Yesterday went really well. The deadlifts felt pretty good, made some improvement on my snatch form, and the push presses went better than they usually do. I almost didn't get that 1 rep at 85#, took 3 tries, but I did get it on the third try. That felt good.

My little brother is undertaking a CrossFit-esque challenge to get in shape. Drop by his blog and give him some encouragement! And advice, he LOVES advice, especially from his big sister. Fortunately I never run out of that.

Upcoming rant warning: I have a rant about an article I read in the WSJ about revision of government nutrition guidelines, but I don't have the time or energy to write it today. But stay tuned...

Links

No comments: