Friday, June 4, 2010

OHS and an AMRAP

Today' s WOD:

Overhead squat 5-5-3-3-1-1-1

65-75-80-85-90-95-failed on 100

then

AMRAP in 10:00 of:

5 pull-ups
5 squat cleans 65#
5 burpees

I got 6 rounds. Had to fly on that last set of burpees! I was hoping for 5 rounds, so I was very happy with 6. Kind of questioned whether I should have gone with 75#, but that probably would have slowed me down a lot. I don't know, I think it was the right call to go lighter.

The overhead squats were a little disappointing. I got 95# easy but just couldn't get the 100# overhead. If I could have gotten it up there, I know I would have had no trouble squatting it. Not sure if it's a mental block or a strength issue, but I find jerking from behind the head very difficult. The most I've jerked in the normal, split-jerk from the rack fashion is 110 (did that once) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that 100# is tough from a weird position.

Blogging may be sparse over the next week, as I'll be on vacation. Need to recharge!

Links
The only thing cuter than small felt monsters with googly eyes is small felt monsters with googly eyes holding hands.

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Those little monsters are so cute! Yeah, sorry I missed you at workout this morning. Went in early, so to be able to do something with the kids today.