Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WOD: HP cleans and burpees

Today my mom is undergoing surgery, so please think good healing thoughts for her.

Today's WOD:


Snatch balance and hang squat snatch at 55#

then

3 rounds for time of:

15 hang power clean 75# (85# Rxd)
15 burpees

My time: 8:44. Cleans from the hang position are a lot harder than from the floor. It was difficult to get that explosive power as soon as I got tired. Ended up doing them mostly in sets of three. Again, met my goal of working hard. Had to have a little face down on the floor time after that workout.

Karen posted a nice write-up and photos of Regionals on her blog - go check it out.

Knitting

I finished one sock from the Brooks Farm sock yarn. A perfect fit! Have started the second sock, hopefully I'll make quick progress on it so I can wear them before it's too hot to wear wool socks. (Who am I kidding, in the mountains you can wear wool socks in August!)

Continue to work on the Icarus shawl - I'm at the feathery part now. I love this pattern and I love the yarn I'm using. And I love lace. I may knit lace all summer, who knows. There is no shortage of gorgeous lace patterns out there. Although I mainly just want to keep knitting Miriam Felton's patterns because they are awesome.

Links

No comments: